Friday, February 3, 2012

Take Heart!

“I have told you these things,
so that in me you may have peace.
In this world
you will have trouble.
But take heart!
I have overcome the world.”
~ John 16:33

Ladies Retreats with my sisters in Christ have become my personal healing moments. My escape in the garden of life where I spend time with God - walking with Him along the shore, talking with Him and listening for His whispered answers, breathing in the fresh air as I breath in His spirit into my body.

I have been blessed to have two planning partners over the years. As we plan our retreats, we have witnessed God using us as vessels to provide a true retreat that allows our sisters to come together for healing, having some "God" time and spending a relaxing Sister Weekend filled with lots of laughter, fun and chocolate.
Planning for each retreat begins at the retreat itself. It is amazing how God shows us the direction we should move in order to provide a wonderful experience for all who attend.
God shows us the theme for each coming year while we are at the retreat. This allows us to pray, meditate, plan and wonder what He has in store for us all through the year.
At our last retreat, we kept seeing shrimp boats. "That's not unusual", you may think, "after all you are at the beach!" But this past year we would see them continueously all through the day, every day, from sunrise to sunset.
The shrimp boats moved slowly and majestically along the shore. At times they would be in groups, at other there would be just one. Sometimes they would be trolling with their nets in the water and sometimes their nets would be drawn to their sides. Sometimes they would have many, many seagulls swirling 'round and 'round them. We witnessed them in all stages as they did their work fishing for the delectable gift from the sea.
What gifts would they bring to those who receive them?
As I watched this one shrimp boat move slowly across the water, rocking side to side, arms extended with its nets blowing in the wind it reminded of an angel walking on water. It gave me a feeling of peace and fulfillment - breath in, accept the spirit into your soul, excel all life's stresses, smile and whisper a soft "Thank you, God".
It came to me how ironic it was that such a small unattractive boat could be so beautiful as it moved through the water.
While I was caught up in the beautiful sight, my sister in Christ nudged me and said that she believed God was telling her that our next theme should be something about shrimp boats. It amazed her that we were seeing so many all through the day that it must be a sign. I agreed and just then the little shrimp boat made a circle as to say, "You Got It, You Got It!" We both laughed with hearts full of joy as God spoke to us.
 You may think that it was just a coincidence but we have learned that there are no coincidences in this life when it comes to God. We have also learned to give God the glory in all things, no matter how big or small. "Thank you for your guidance, Dear Father!" And as the boat turned toward the shore there at the top of its rigging, was a cross! Coincidence?...I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment