Saturday, February 18, 2012

Twenty-One!

Twenty-one years ago my husband and I found out that we were going to be blessed with another baby.  At first it wasn't such a joyous occassion because we hadn't planned on having another baby.  We had two lovely daughters and the youngest one was only 12 months old, so the thought of another baby coming while we still had one in diapers was not what we had planned on.  My husband was a little anxious, to say the least.  We both came from a family full of boys and the thought of having three daughters was playing with his mind - no PMS free week in his future! 





We went to the doctor for an ultrasound and my husband discovered that we were going to be blessed with a son even before the doctor pointed it out!  "I see that flag a wavin'!" is what he shouted. 

NOW, my husband was excited! 
The thought of having a hunting buddy made him REAL happy, so happy we decided to name him, Hunter! 




When Hunter was born he was greeted by his two sisters bearing gifts of balloons and "It's A Boy" candy and both sets of grandparents.  My father laid his hands upon his new grandson and said, "May you grow to be taller than your father!"  (My husband is 5ft 8 inches tall and the men in my family tend to be much taller.)   




And with that blest upon him, Hunter did grow to be much taller than his father.   Hunter has grown into a loving and caring young man and when he hugs you, you know you are loved!  I am so proud of the man he is becoming (you see, he is STILL my baby) and this week my baby turns 21 years old! 

WOW!  Twenty-one!  


A junior at ECU, a Honor Roll student and a hard working young man.  He loves his family, his girlfriend, his friends and his dog, Harley.  He is respectful, compassionate and thoughtful. When you are loved by Hunter, you know it. 

He makes us very proud! 
In fact, when someone asks about our son, I see my husband smile, stick his chest out and stand a little taller - full of pride and love. 


Deep breath...
Exhale...


"Thank you, God,
for blessing us with Hunter.  Please be with him, guide him and may he continue to grow in you."

No comments:

Post a Comment